Welcome to Columbia County, Florida
Jeff Hampton, Appraiser
• Our Fort White location will now be open every Wednesday between 8:30 - 4:30 beginning November 6, 2019
• 2019 TRIM notices are now available on the Parcel Details page our our Record Search feature.
• We have added S/T/R Grid (PLSS) to our GIS Map.
• Our 2019 Images are now available on the GIS Map.
• Time to File for New Exemptions
. . . more info
>> Notice of Initial Certification of 2019 Tax Rolls <<
As your Property Appraiser, I am charged by the Florida
Constitution with placing fair, equitable and just value on all property in
. . . more
To maintain an acceptable quality of life in Columbia County, local governments need revenue. Your property taxes partially support public education, law enforcement, fire safety, street maintenance, park and recreation areas and other services.
The Property Appraiser’s Office does not determine your taxes. The various taxing authorities set the yearly tax, or millage rate. Columbia County taxing authorities include the city and county commissions, the school board, water management districts, the industrial development authority and the hospital authority. Once the tax rate is set, it is applied to your property value. Then, your property tax is computed.
The Property Appraiser’s office keeps all appraisals up-to-date and on permanent file. You have a right under Florida’s Public Records Law to inspect these records.
Please feel free to come by the office if I can be of assistance.
Property Appraiser’s Duties